My Current Top 25 Favorite Horror/Suspense Movies starting with #25

  • XXV. The Omen (1976) (Directed by Richard Donner)
  • XXIV. Suspiria (Dario Argento)
  • XXIII. Se7en (David Fincher)
  • XXII. Rosemary's Baby (Roman Polanski)
  • XXI. Scream (Wes Craven)
  • XX. Hellraiser (Clive Barker)
  • XIX. Wes Craven's New Nightmare (Wes Craven)
  • XVIII. The Descent (Neil Marshall)
  • XVII. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1973) (Tobe Hooper)
  • XVI. Night of the Living Dead (1968) (George A. Romero)
  • XV. The Thing (1982) (John Carpenter)
  • XIV. The Birds (Alfred Hitchcock)
  • XIII. The Shining (Stanley Kubrick)
  • XII. Misery (Rob Reiner)
  • XI. The Evil Dead (Sam Raimi)
  • X. Dead Alive (Peter Jackson)
  • IX A Nightmare on Elm Street (Wes Craven)
  • VIII. Halloween (1978) (John Carpenter)
  • VII. Psycho (Alfred Hitchcock)
  • VI. Dawn of the Dead (1978) (George A. Romero)
  • V. Alien/Aliens (Tie) (Ridley Scott/James Cameron)
  • IV. Poltergeist (Tobe Hooper)
  • III. The Exorcist (William Friedkin)
  • II. Silence of the Lambs (Jonathan Demme)
  • I. Jaws (Steven Spielberg)

Saturday, April 5, 2008

What are your favorite horror/suspense movies?

I composed a list of my favorite horror/suspense movies starting with number 25 and counting down to number 1. Let me know what your favorite horror movies are and if you think my list is a good one. Are you surprised with any of the movies on my list and do you think I have unwisely left any off?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are a few movies on there that are complete shockers to me. Exorcist? wrote you a comment on that one. The rest I must admit are mainstream, but awesome... but kudos on Argento... There are soooo many great movies out there it is hard to start a list of things that must be seen... The French are really coming in to their own with horror, if you don't mind reading subtitles I would watch Switchblade Romance, Frontiere (almost a French Texas Chainsaw), A L'intérieur (baby snatching... but the baby is not born)... Then there is Feast unrated, Undead (Australian, amusing) and soooo many others